May 27, 2013

Streetstyle Sketches from Art | Basel HK on TheWanderlister+

Really excited to announce my collaborative post with TheWanderlister+ on streetstyle at Art | Basel HK 2013! The post is up now so make sure you head over to theWanderlister.com to see my post and the latest art, style and design news in Asia.

Chanel at Art Basel HK / Kitty N. Wong
Much of the art fair is spent calling friends who you have lost along the way. Why not do it chicer than thou in gold sandals, white jeans and long bouclé jacket and a matching quilted Chanel.

Every year there is a one most magical night in Hong Kong for style watching and that night is called Art Basel Vernissage (formally known as ARTHK).

Every year I go camera in hand to get inspired by the art and also by the stylish people in attendance. That's how I met theWanderlister, JJ.Acuna, two years ago, he was wearing the Cambridge satchel that my friends and I had been coveting that month so I introduced myself for a snap. But pro photographer I am not, I get nervous, the most beautiful people always sneak away and the resulting photos never capturing what I was looking for.

So this year I decided to try something different and to try sketching instead. Here are some of my favourite looks from the preview night in watercolour and pencil, enjoy!

Leopard print at Art Basel HK / Kitty N. Wong
A sleek leopard column dress in front of a neon green abstract at Booth 1B03.

ElleIconLee in purple at Art Basel HK / Kitty N. Wong
Nervous about taking photos I usually try to sneak shots but Elle of ElleIconLee was kind enough to pose for me wearing an elegant purple jumpsuit. 

Kimono at Art Basel HK / Kitty N. Wong
A stylish expectant mother in front of the Swire Design Booth wearing a billowing Arts and Crafts kimono and converse sneakers. 

Red dress at Art Basel HK / Kitty N. Wong
There were red dresses a plenty this year, myself included. Here it's paired with fringed platform booties and an ombre blonde bob.

Kitty N. Wong / illustrated fashion face portrait in watercolour
A gallery assistant with big tortoise shell frames.

So, what do you think of our collaboration? Should we do more? I've got more posts to come from Hong Kong's very first Art | Basel on here very soon.
And finally a huge thank you to JJ, the editor of TheWanderlister+ for having me on his site!

No comments:

Post a Comment